
Perpetuum Jazzile have their own website at http://perpetuumjazzile.si/en/ with links to Facebook, Twitter and Myspace pages.They have been around since 1983. I actually found more about their history from their Wikipedia entry than from their own website which concentrates on who they are, what they want to achieve and how much joy they get from performing, (as well as the usual stuff like tour dates and merchandise). According to their Wiki entry they sing in many styles - bossa nova, swing, funk, gospel and pop, either acapella or with a jazz trio.
This video took a while to hit You Tube but loads more quickly from here and I deleted the original link ages ago. If you grew up in the eighties, this version of Africa leaves the original
by Toto for dead! Meet Perpetuum Jazzile at -
.
I never expected to hear about a Slovenian acapella jazz choir, let alone enjoy their singing and play this clip again and again. All power to the internet! The beginning and ending are very special,a simulation of a thunderstorm that was inspired by the Kearnsey Choir (South Africa).
It was easy to find Perpetuum Jazzile with a Google search - I remembered the spelling and the You Tube entry was the first result, a good Wikipedia entry came up as the second hit - http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetuum_Jazzile.
by Toto for dead! Meet Perpetuum Jazzile at -
.
I never expected to hear about a Slovenian acapella jazz choir, let alone enjoy their singing and play this clip again and again. All power to the internet! The beginning and ending are very special,a simulation of a thunderstorm that was inspired by the Kearnsey Choir (South Africa).
It was easy to find Perpetuum Jazzile with a Google search - I remembered the spelling and the You Tube entry was the first result, a good Wikipedia entry came up as the second hit - http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetuum_Jazzile.

Very good work, Margaret, I enjoyed reading your blog. I can tell you are passionate about this subject and it shows. You have used a good mix of searching processes and have also been able to give interesting information on your actual topic whilst providing us with relevant websites and images. There are no references here - I am assuming they will be under separate cover. One small thing to fix up re RSS and I will CP you for this. Nicely done!!
ReplyDelete