Introduction

Hi!

I have always enjoyed singing - not that I intend to inflict my own voice on the class. Have you ever been sent an e-mail with a "you must look at this "message, groaned, but opened it anyway? Well, this time I was in for a surprise!











Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The hunt for an appropriate RSS Feed!

To find an RSS Feed I had more success with Dogpile than Google. Searching Google led me to predominantly commercial sites that wanted to sell me products to make me a better singer and so on - not what I was interested in. I wanted links with people who sang wether professionally or just for fun. Using an advanced search with the terms acapella and choir I found The Contempory A Capella Society site. It has lots of forums and blogs to follow/join under its Resources tab. You can follow particular Blogs or follow topics. You can search for topics at http://www.casa.org/author_type_search I found a conversation about the show Glee - not acapella, but still singing. I must confess to ocassionally watching this show on telly. There are comments about episodes, how "perfect" everything is, even when a performance is supposedly impromptu. I think of it as a serial TV musical - a vehicle for song and some choreography. There are also lots of Blogs on this site that have general acapella "chat". Mr Tim's Glee post can be found at http://www.casa.org/blog/144?page=3



1 comment:

  1. The link you provided does not appear to have a direct RSS feed - I did eventually find the RSS feed but it was not from this link - edit the link or add another stating where the RSS feed is if it makes more sense to your blurb. Did you know you could also make your RSS feed a gadget to appear at the side of your blog which will show the feeds coming in?? (PS I will also confess to watching the show on telly).

    ReplyDelete